My name is Natalya and I am in Utrecht. I have a language exam tomorrow at 9:30 am . . . I have to know conjugations for regular verbs in the present tense, approximately 250 words total, including numbers, times, grocery items, introductions, etc. Oh and I have to be able to pronounce it all and act out a skit such as being in a restaurant ordering food, getting the cheque, etc. On Friday, I have the culture exam about the wonderful dutch culture . . .I'm not worried about that one, actually. I've read most of the book and I've actually been (mostly) paying attention in lecture. On Friday after the culture exam, I'm moving to Maastricht. I've packed most of my stuff except what I'm using tomorrow and friday. I'm so incredibly proud of myself, I was able to fit all my stuff where I need it . . .YAY ME!!!
Over the weekend, I went to Rotterdam to the Boijimans van something museum. All the pictures are on facebook. We had to go to do a presentation about it and it was pretty awesome. Plus I had good wonton soup (yum!!). Jay and I decided that Friday night when we get to Maastricht, we're getting chinese food. Hellla excited. Yesterday, Lizzy Zac and I had a "conference call" for about half an hour. It made me happy. I get to see Lizzy in less than a week!!!!!!!
Also, my boredom in class led me to make a list from which I figured out I still have 19 letters of the alphabet to take care of. I love how the only people who'll understand it are Zac and Lizzy (of course)
At some point, I have to go to both Berlin and Paris, and probably brussels and bruge, as well. Berlin to visit Jalda, Paris to visit my aunt, and Brussels and Bruge so that I can have that experience and tell Brandin about it. So apparently Dutch is similar to Flemish so I'll be able to say something to Brandin when I get back. It is quite exciting.
Let's practice Dutch now, shall we?
Wat is jouw naam? Mijn naam is Natalya
Hoe het jouw? Ik het Natalya.
Hoe ben jij? Ik ben Natalya
Waar woon je? Ik woon in Utrecht.
Waar werke je? Ik werk in Santa Cruz.
Waar je studeren? Ik studee in Maastricht?
Waar kom je vandaan? Ik kom uit Amerika.
Wat talen spreken je? Ik spreek drie talen: Engels, Russisch en een beetje Spaans.
most of that was probably bad grammar and terribly misspelled but fuck it. I love you all!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

i love how i'm in your blog :-) and don't forget to add that you're going to visit copenhagen!
ReplyDelete