Today we had our first day of the dutch language and culture course. It was interesting but I found myself falling asleep. We had a general intro but since I've been reading the book they assigned us I actually understood what our lecturer was talking about. We had a 2 hour break so Inna and I walked into town in search of a cafe to eat at. This failed miserably and I went back after we crossed through the park. I went to the study center and Patrice (the study center manager) pointed me in the direction of the cafeteria. I also got complimented on my fabulous singing voice. (lol).
Read Below for what I wrote at the airport when waiting for the plane to SFO:
Time: 3:51 pm [PST]
Place: SFO
Date: 8/4/09
"So I'm sitting in front of Gate A4 waiting for them to start seating us. I want to text Zac to ease my anxiousness but as I left my phone turned off at home and I don't have his number it'd be difficult. There's a guy at the counter that looks like Cuthbert. SHIT. What am I getting myself into? 5 months is a hell of a long time. Grandpa, Grandma, Mom, Dad and Frocy saw me off.
The thoughts currently running through my head:
-what am I doing here?
-what did I forget?
-what the fuck is 'preboarding'?
-this is a 747, if the doors close @ 4:40 how the hell are they gonna seat everyone in 25 minutes!?!
-are we gonna get there on time??
-FUCK! a 10 hour flight
-should I watch 17 Again aboard?
-will I need to buy headphones aboard?
-am I putting this on my blog?
-take a deep breath!
-will they let me bring my gummy worms on
-who am I gonna sit next to?
-calm the fuck down
-wooohoo I get to see Lizzy!!
-there's a hot guy in one of the laptop booths
-shit I have a one track mind
-I didn't get to see so many people before I left
-how am I gonna know to take my pills?"
then the plane started boarding for me so I stopped writing. I'm having fun here but I want to be in Maastricht so I can start actually learning. I enjoy having school and homework and stuff. The pain in the ass is that we're so far away from the UCU campus. UU is like UCSC in that its on the outskirts of town. There's only 2 buses we can use to go real places from here but grrr. We've been walking to campus everyday and my one toe has like 3 blisters which is a problem. A painful problem. It rained here today which made me happy, since we went for a little walk then went to the Cambridgebar next to Cambridgelaan housing . We didn't realize the bar opened at 10 and got there a little early. I drank a few nights ago but tonight I just had a hot chocolate while Inna, Nina and Tiffany had hot chocolate with bailey's (totally delicious btw).
I'm having an interesting time but at the same time I really wish there were somebody else I actually knew before coming here on the trip so I could have that safety net. Meh . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment