Saturday, December 5, 2009

An Eventful Week ends in Procrastination

Last weekend, November 28th and 29th, I went to Belgium and had a bit of fun with ESN, the Erasmus Student Network. Which I found is chock-full of gorgeous men. This made me happy. On saturday, we left the guesthouse at 9am and went off to Brussels. At brussels all we did was pretty much walk around and see some cool buildings. Also, Ally danced with some kid. It was chill but I wasn't that impressed. We also stopped by a cafe where I got some calamari (yum!) and hot chocolate and on the way back to the bus we stopped by a supermarket where I proceeded to purchase 2 1.5L bottles of Belgian Beer, you know for pregaming . . .We then went to antwerp where we stopped by the Rubenshuis (a museum), then the the hostel, dropped off our stuff and went off for dinner and the bar. I drank (with a little help from Ally) one of the bottles of beer before we left the hostel to go to dinner. I got rather drunk at the bar but not as drunk as I expected from how much I drank: close to 3 liters of beer, tequila and some blue shots. I was really tired and falling asleep at the bar so i left earlier (around 2am) with Ally and passed out. The next day we went to Ghent and Brugge. In Ghent, we took a boat tour which was kinda interesting because we fit so many people into such a small boat and brugge was gorgeous: and we found a store with cheap delicious belgian chocolate. MWAHAHA. we then went back to maastricht, overall it was rather fun

December 30th I had class and I finished making my presentation for tuesday. On tuesday, I did my presentation on happiness data and a happiness study and was very relieved. I then proceeded to do something I can't remember at this time but I think it involved food. That night we also had thanksgiving dinner with the corridor and it was the night of cantus, a giant drinking game (basically) and I had wanted to go but tickets were sold out but luckily for me (and sad for matthew), he had a presentation on wednesday so he sold me his ticket. I got lost on the way there but eventually found it. I lost count of how much I drank there after the 8th or 10th beer, then I walked fiona and somebody else back to the guesthouse and decided to have some tequila while I was there and then proceed to the twee heeren. There I had another 3 beers.. . oy. It was a very good night. You can tell this by the fact that I left at 9ish pm on tuesday and didn't get home until 12pm wednesday.

Wednesday, we had a party committee meeting at Julia and Emma's house and I got lost going there, too because I'm amazing with directions. We had burritos!! Yummmmy. and we were semi-productive. Then I went home and did homework. Thursday night I stayed in and Friday night, I went to a hip hop party at the Make! student bar which was kinda fun but they pretty much only played old hip hop. However, they did play asher roth's "i love college" so I approve. Ally and I got into a norcal vs socal argument. (norcal won, btw because we have hyphy music) We were a little enthusiastic and I accidentally bumped into this hot German guy who proceeded to take a bunch of pictures with/of us. He was very hot and apparently Ally noticed him checking me out. LOL. After the bar closed, we were going to go somewhere with him and the other hot German guys but they left while I was getting my bike. Whatever, basically I accidentally got tipsy and when we thought we lost Greg, it turned out he was just in the smoking room the entire night. I then went home and fell asleep.

Today, i've done absolutely nothing productive even though I woke up at 12ish and left my room at 2 to go to the kitchen. I dunno, is doing laundry considered productive? Well Tomorrow night, I'm going to the christmas market in Aachen, Germany with the UCM excursion committee and I think its gonna be FUNNN. Anyways, now I'm gonna sort and put away my clean laundry and do some homework. . I guess

1 comment: