Thursday, November 12, 2009

Something Witty

Pretend the title is something witty, that'll make me feel better.

Not that I'm not feeling fan-fucking-tastic right now (not being sarcastic, I swear) I know I've been terrible about updating this thing. I mean I've been gone since August 5th (i.e. over 3 months) and I have what? 12 entries? That's a little pathetic or maybe a little encouraging (depending on your viewpoint--> either I've been too lazy or too busy having a fabulous time to update it). Anyways, to continue with the story that I'm just now beginning : the last period of classes is over (thank goodness) and the grades have been posted. I am sad to say that I have failed the first class of my college career. Actually, the first class I've failed since 8th grade. I could make excuses but I'd rather just do that in person. Luckily, the class that actually mattered was the one I passed, with a 7.1 no less. Sure its not the best but it's quite good for me learning in a completely different style than I'm used to and subject material of a type that I don't usually enjoy (this class was actually quite interesting though and I can now say I understand gini coefficient). Since that period is over we've begun a new period We're on week 3 of 8. Yeah I know . . intense.

I'm currently taking intro to psychology and economic psychology. Both of which i do rather enjoy probably because of the combination of interesting course material and fascinating people in the classes. What I'm not enjoying is the 8:30am classes 3 times a week. Well, whatever. . .it's part of the experience, just like going out on weekdays. I don't do that at home. weekdays=staying in or homework party. Here if its a day that ends in Y and you don't have school the next day (or even if you do) partying is fair game. I love it so much here. I also think I need to stop falling in love with european . . . . .cities. . .which brings me to my next story:

over the weekend, because I needed to go somewhere since it was the only 3 day weekend I had that I could go somewhere, I went to Prague, which was fucking amazing. I fell in love with the city and not just because things there were so cheap compared to the Netherlands. The sights were beautiful and the people I met were really cool. Plus the beer was cheap. yeah I know . . .I'm a college student though. The hostel that I stayed at was really good too. I went to the club with 5 stories and although I got there really late in the night and felt kinda awkward at first it got really fun. I had such a great time. I want to go back really bad.

Also, last week to keep the subject of partying like a rock star alive in this post, on wednesday of last week we had our illumination party at the meta (and by we I mean the universalis party committee)
see, that's us right before the party started (photo credit: MeDo ALshalowi and maybe facebook a bit) Anyways, most of us are dressed in white or neon because it was a blacklight party. It was so much fun. I kept buying beer so Greg wrote "beer me" on my arm since the first 50 people got markers to write on each other so it would glow under the blacklight. I also got something written on another part of my arm in Dutch (thanks Jeroen) I only understood the first part of it. The next day I tried to go and help clean up but as I had class until 3:30 I got there too late.

Thursday evening was also the second taco night (thanks to Matthew or Jose Jimenez as he was known for the night) For taco night, I made guacamole. It wasn't too bad if I say so myself. The tacos were rather good and my tequila sunrises were a hit. what can I say? I'm a master of mixed drinks. (insert evil laughter here)

This upcoming weekend, a bunch of us are going to go see the Dutch Santa Clause (Sinterklaas) arrive in Maastricht then go eat cookies and watch a Dutch romantic comedy. the day was Weike's idea and it was a lovely one. I'm quite excited for it. However, I have class in less than 9 hours so I should probably go to sleep. I shall update another time when I remember more adventures . . .yes remembering adventures is important for blogging about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment