Friday, September 11, 2009

Little Me Back from Paris and Other fun Updates

Two weeks ago I went to Paris to visit my Aunt who lives in Cergy, a city about 20-30 minute train ride from Paris. It also happens to have Europe's largest clock. Ooh Aaah. I got there last friday night and we immediately began our magical adventure to the Eiffel Tower and it was beautiful (see below)

After the Tower, we had dinner at a little cafe near it. The next day, we went on a magical adventure on the Bateaux-Mouche (totally misspelled that, by the way) We also went to the Champs de Ellyses ( i.e. shopping GALORE) and i just bought some perfume. Later, we were hungry and since I wanted chinese, we went on an epic quest for a chinese restaurant and finally found one that also had sushi so I ended up getting sushi and my aunt got chinese (and after trying my sushi decided she was never going to have any again). We also went to Notre Dame and saw how pretty it was. Then it was too late to do anything else so we went back to Cergy and had dinner. I tried escargot!! It actually wasn't bad but I couldn't forget what i was actually eating so I only had one. On sunday, we stopped by the opera house just to see it and then I had to hop on a bus for a really long time (2:30- 9:45) then a train. Overall, Paris was awesome and I'm prolly gonna go back at some point.

I also started real classes. They're actually interesting: Infonomics and Development Economics. For the latter I get to run my own imaginary country (awesome, right?) Also, I've managed to watch seasons 2-4 of Angel and now I'm watching season 5.

Last night, I went on a magical adventure with a bunch of people who mostly spoke in Italian so I didn't understand much but whatever. . .We tried to go to a party but right when we got there, we found out it had gotten broken up so we went to the Vrithof which is the big square in the center and we tried to find a club but failed because we walked around for a million years, and finally gave up and went back to the guesthouse, where we arrived at about 1:30am. Then I proceeded to talk to my mom for about half an hour then watched another episode of Angel and went to sleep. .

1 comment:

  1. why am i not surprised you had sushi and chinese food in paris? and remind me never to visit the country that you run ;-)

    ReplyDelete